Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jigsaw Puzzle Table

My Dads cousin contacted me shortly before Christmas to see if I could build a table for assembling jigsaw puzzles. She is a flight attendant and had seen one in a SkyMall catalog, and wanted to get it for her son. After reading the poor reviews the product was given, she decided to contact me. I had never seen one before, so I did some research online. There was not much info to go on, so I opened up Google SketchUp and got to work. Figuring out the angles for the legs and the fold out leaves was a challenge, but I think it turned out very well.

 Now, if only I had the time and patience to be a "puzzler"!

 Folded for transport/storage
 
 Antique Brass Sash locks keep puzzle pieces in place during transport/storage
 
 Legs fold into eachother via rabbets cut on inner legs
 

 Legs splayed @ 115º angle. Notice rabbet cut out of right side legs.

 Leaves open to 165º via brass knife hinges and end cap cut @ 15º on top
 
Completely open and ready to play!
 
 The only puzzle we own: My 4 year olds Dora the Explorer Puzzle!
 
 Fold out leaves hold pieces until they are ready to be fit in the puzzle.
 

4 comments:

  1. Mark, how much would you charge for one of tehse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent. CutTheWood.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you! best wood lathe for beginners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... buffet units

    ReplyDelete